The Hatfield Fire Department is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time Firefighter/EMT. The successful candidate will begin work in July 2021. If the successful candidate has not completed the Massachusetts Firefighting Academy Call/Volunteer Training Program, they will need to attend the program within one year of appointment. This position is generally Monday through Friday, 8 AM-4 PM, subject to change based on operational need. Starting pay: $18.87/hour.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
- Minimum EMT Basic certification
- Must live in Hatfield or within 10 miles from the border of Hatfield within one-year from date of hire.
- Firefighter I/II Certified
- Firefighting Experience
The application is available at:
or at the Hatfield Fire Department, 3 School Street, Hatfield, MA 01038. 7 AM to 3 PM M-F
Send completed application, resume and cover letter to Hatfield Fire Department, Attn. Chief Robert Flaherty, 59 Main Street, Hatfield, MA 01038.
Deadline for applications: June 30, 2021