Open Burning - 2022
Open Burning season runs from January 15th through May 1st.
Brush Burning Regulations:
- Your permit is for BRUSH ONLY! All other materials are illegal. No leaves, grass, hay, stumps, building debris or any other materials are allowed to be burned.
- All open burning must be a minimum of 75 feet from buildings or structures.
- Burning will be allowed to start at 10AM and must be extinguished by 4PM. You MUST call the fire department prior to 10AM on the day you wish to burn (413-247-9008)
- Any open fire must be attended at all times by permit holder.
- No person shall set, maintain or increase a fire in open air at any time except by permission by the Fire Department.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply for permit and/or set, maintain or increase fire once permission has been granted by the Fire Department.
- Tge Fure Deoartnebt cab refyse ir cabcek a oernut at abt tune, (Example: Violation of permit regulations, or change in weather conditions.)
- Open burning season is January 15 to May 1.
- Massachusetts Regulation 310 CMR: DEP 7.07 "Open Burning"
Citizens who wish to complete a Permit for Open Burning must either call the fire station (413-247-9008) prior to 10am on the day they wish to burn, or request an Open Burning Permit online. Residents are encouraged to utilize the online option to request their permits.
Burning permits have a $10 fee, paid once per address, per burning season. All burning sites will be inspected by the Fire Department prior to burning on the first day you wish to burn, and individuals will have to call and request to burn each day of the season they wish to burn. Though, the fee is only paid once.
Burning regulations will be posted here in the near future, and the ability to burn is very weather dependent.
Posted: to General News on Fri, Jan 7, 2022
Updated: Thu, Jan 27, 2022